Wednesday, November 18, 2015

PEI Crafts Council Christmas Craft Fair


This past weekend I sold my handwoven wares at the 51st annual PEI Crafts Council Christmas Craft Fair at the COnfederation Centre of the Arts in Charlottetown, PEI.  It had been two years since I participated in this craft fair, and it was nice to be back.  It was pretty wonderful to do a show in my own hometown, see lots of friendly faces and sleep in my own bed after the long days at the fair.  A big thank you to everyone who came and said hello and to those who made a special purchase of a Marshall Arts fine handwoven textile.

I was also able to make some great connections with local retail shops over the weekend, and and I am happy to announce that Stacey Leunes of Garnish Jewellery Studio and Boutique is now carrying my handwoven zippered pouches (pictured above).  Located at 89 Water Street, in Charlottetown, PEI, Stacey makes beautiful jewellery and carries the work of other Maritime artisans.  My zippered pouches are perfect for carrying your precious things, be they jewellery, cosmetics, medications, technology....just about anything that fits inside!  You can visit the Garnish website at www.garnish-jewellery.com

At the PEICC Craft Fair, I had a selection of my handwoven and felted River Scarves.  Woven of raw silk, cotton and merino wool, these scarves are very warm, soft and cozy, yet lightweight and breathable.  I have recently started ikat-dyeing the center band of raw silk to created static-like patterns and colour changes.  All three River Scarves pictured here sold this past weekend.


In the past few years, I have become more and more interested in designing and weaving housewares such as tea towels, napkins, and sometimes placemats.  For this season, I have put cloth table napkins (above) into production and am selling them in sets of four.  I'm excited to get back to weaving and try out different colour combinations.

 Selection of Swedish Lace Scarves.

Handwoven 100% cotton tea towels in thick 4/8 cotton.  The more they are used and washed, the softer and more absorbent they get - meant to be used!


No comments:

Post a Comment