Tuesday, February 12, 2013

spring order

The Craft Council of Newfoundland and Labrador placed a nice, big wholesale order with me the other week.  Their large shop in St. John's, Devon House on Duckworth Street, has been carrying my work since 2007 when I lived in Corner Brook for a couple of years.  The Craft Council of NL has been incredibly supportive to me over the years, especially when I was first starting out.  Every two years or so, they place a a wholesale order with me, and this year, I am really excited about the variety of handwoven pieces they would like.

Part of their order will be a large selection of my Swedish Lace ikat scarves woven with raw silk and cotton.  Partly designed to familiarize myself with Swedish handweaving for my trip to Sweden last fall, this design has lacy open stripes of cotton and plain weave stripes of ikat dyed raw silk. 


 Yesterday I prepared all the silk warps by measuring them out on my warping mill, tying them up with plastic and then dyeing them.  When they were still wet, I stretched them all out again on my warping mill to dry.  The colour palette for this production run is a mix of blues, aquas, and raspberry pinks.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rilla,
    These scarves are going to be beautiful. Congratulations on the wholesale order, they are always nice to receive. Have fun filling the order. Weaverly yours ... Barbara

    ReplyDelete