Friday, January 11, 2013

january survey

Here we are in January.  Winter is here and hibernation is setting in.  This means work on the school house gets slowed down or postponed now and then due to weather.  Once I stop fretting and accept the nature of this time of year, I am enjoying cozy times inside with my loom, knitting needles, and sewing machine.

Top: knitting a wavy ribbed mini scarf out of my handspun merino, alpaca and qiviut.  Bottom: a bright mustard yellow woven cotton blanket with sumac technique (I think?) patterning along the edge....I found this beauty second hand today.

 Weaving up a new run of cloth for zippered pouches....definitely a colour theme of warmth.

And, as the school house slowly takes the shape I can get a glimpse of the shape of our kitchen and bathroom, and I've been taking the time to draw out some of what I am envisioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment