Friday, May 25, 2012

swedish lace and springtime

 I've been slowly working away at a small production run of Swedish Lace scarves in silk and cotton.  Using ikat dyeing for the plain weave silk stripes and cotton for the lacy stripes, the scarves wash up beautifully - a lovely texture for a wide summer scarf.


 And spring is here.  Wonderful warm and sunny.  All the leaves and plants are weeks ahead of last year.
And over the next few weeks, I will have bought my first home.  A school house about twenty five minutes east of Charlottetown on over one acre of land.  We will have a lot of work to do before we move in full time, but that is the fun part.  Right now, I'm just looking forward to the closing date when the slog and intensity of the whole property buying process will be over....photos to come, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment