Wednesday, April 18, 2012

smaller fun

Halifax Crafters spring show is coming up in a few weeks and I'm making the trip to Halifax to sell my wares. I've got my summer scarves, but I wanted to do something else on a smaller scale. A few years back, a good friend brought me back a little zippered bag made of handwoven tweed from Scotland. I've always really loved that little bag and used it for carrying my jewellery when I travel.

So, I thought a small run of handwoven cotton cloth to be sewed into little bags with zippers would be a great little project for this spring show. And the cloth was so fun to weave! And it gave me a chance to use up all sorts of little bits of coloured cotton. I just cut the cloth off the loom this morning, enough for 13 bags and I'm now washing it. Once dried, the 10 inch lengths will be cut apart, zippers bought and the sewing will begin....

1 comment:

  1. I hope you will post a finished bag! They sound charming.

    ReplyDelete