This week I've started re-visiting a woven piece I completed over the summer. The piece is based on a map of Charlottetown showing the areas of the waterfront that are vulnerable to potential flooding due to predicted sea level rises (the woven red areas).
I wove the piece (very slowly on my days off from Parks Canada) on my big Cranbrook loom when it was at the school house in North Milton between July and the end of October.
This week, I've been embroidering into the woven cloth, adding the streets and accurate shoreline, building up the map-like elements.
The more I add, the happier I am with it and the more ideas flow....