Wednesday, August 24, 2011

raising a bridge

Today was the day for installing my rope bridge from the roofs of the Confederation Centre of the Arts for Art in the Open which happens this Saturday, August 27th in Charlottetown PEI. My piece is called Suspended Access and I am so pleased with how it looks. With the help of Randy and Roger, the "how-to" guys at the Confederation Centre, everything came together and the installation was a breeze. The piece will be up until next Tuesday. I'm excited to see how it looks at night......







A big thank you to Damien, and my parents Janet and Geoff for helping me saw and drill the panels. I have many more ideas now that I've conquered my biggest installation yet....so many possibilities involving rope, drilled wood and suspension.



3 comments:

  1. It is amazing, beautiful, and very evocative Rilla. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really it is great. I must say you have great art and talent. Congratulations for this. I am inspired with your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is just fabulous. It show how much you have talent and artwork. I am really impress with your ideas. Congrats for this.

    ReplyDelete