Wednesday, June 8, 2011

slow spring

Spring is late and slow this year on the east coast of Canada. The majority of days are gray and the temperature has been averaging 12 degrees celsius. But there are signs that summer is here, despite the chilly, overcast air. The trees have come out in full lush leaves, the dandilions have turned to seed and the world is very green. The photo above was taken of our backyard soon after we moved in at the beginning of May.

This is our backyard right now, early June. Happy to see the tree I suspected was dead actually has quite a few leaves.


And, in between my studying for my french exams which take place this Friday (for a position with Parks Canada), I managed to dye the last eight scarves in my small production run of narrow Wave scarves.

No comments:

Post a Comment