Tuesday, June 14, 2011

new shop, new order

This morning I'm gathering up a consignment order of scarves for a new shop in Bonavista, Newfoundland called Neil's Yard. The owner, Ruth, found me and my work through the Craft Council of NL Shop in St. John's and has chosen to only carry work that has been juried by the Craft Council. I'm sending her a selection of Echo and narrow Wave scarves to start off.

It always takes longer to put an order together than I think it will: tagging, invoicing, and then packing it all up and carting it to the post office. Really happy to have a new shop carrying my work, I've been mostly focusing on selling through craft fairs for the past year or so. And, Ruth is offering one the best consignment split around: 66% of the retail price goes to the artist, 34% to the shop! Anything above 55 - 60% is almost unheard of......

1 comment: