Monday, June 27, 2011

beeswax

Today I was lucky enough to take a full day workshop with Canadian artist Aganetha Dyck who is in Charlottetown for the opening of her exhibition Guest Workers at the Confederation Centre Art Gallery. The workshop was pretty informal and centred around experimenting with various materials and processes and melted beeswax. I played with ripping paper, drawing, and linen stitching and then dipped each strand into the hot beeswax.


I also did a series of postcard sized dipped paper, lining them up to create a continuous horizon line. I like the texture of the layers of dips as well as the colour created by the increased opacity...incredibly three dimensional. And the yellow beeswax drips long the bottom are great.

8 comments:

  1. This art and creativity is really commendable. We have to try this at our home and create some innovative item.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This art is created in its best way. We should also try such art at home.I must appreciate you for such innovative art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a need of art. Everyone should do such kind of art to show how there are creative. I do adore for such incarnation art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best thing we can do is such kind of art. People should always do such kind of art. I always like these type of art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful art. I always appreciate creative ideas.Art is important because it allows us to be creative

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a creative ideas. Such art is always needed. Art should be an everyday activity.Making our art activities open-ended is very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is a need of art. Everyone should do such kind of art to show how there are creative. I do adore for such incarnation art.

    ReplyDelete