Thursday, April 28, 2011

moving day

Tomorrow Damien and I go to pick up the UHaul truck. We'll pack it up tomorrow and Saturday and leave for PEI Sunday or sooner. We've been packing up our home and editing through our belongings, deciding what we need/want, and what we can part with. We're donating a lot of things to the Canadian Diabetes Association who will come by tomorrow and pick things up and take them away. We've also brought about 12 bags of recyclables to the curb. How do we accumulate so much stuff?? Sometimes I think we should both become artists whose practices are all digital to avoid the creation of more material objects in our lives....but I don't think it's in our nature. But I do vow that after this move, I will attempt a more minimalist approach to the accumulation of stuff.
What you see in this photo is what was my home studio and has become the receiving room for packed boxes. My little loom has had its "guts" removed and is ready for transport. I also was ruthless in my editing of yarns and fabrics, and finally got rid of four years worth of fibre scraps I had been saving for some yet to be imagined project. It felt liberating!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your move! I hope everything goes well!

    ReplyDelete