Friday, March 25, 2011

the path ahead

Back in February, I applied for a position at Prince Edward Island National Park. After an exam almost two weeks ago, I now have an interview in Charlottetown this coming Wednesday. In my preparation for both the exam and the coming interview, I am overjoyed by how much of the knowledge base required for the position is already of great personal interest for me - particularly the vulnerability of PEI's shoreline ecosystems and the inherent cultural heritage of a landscape - subjects I have been exploring in my art practice for the past few years. This is a seasonal, (hopefully eventually) permanent position that could change many aspects of my life, but still allow me to continue my weaving and art practice during the off-season from October - May....we shall have to wait and see. In the meantime, I am working hard to prepare myself for a stellar interview next week.

2 comments: