Tuesday, December 14, 2010

stay-stitched

My friend Mille Clarkes recently made a short documentary about sewing for yourself. Made as a way to promote the work of another PEI friend, Erin Arsenault's book "Stay-Stitched", (click here to watch the film on Vimeo) that encourages us to learn the skills and problem-solving to make items of daily use for ourselves. I am so struck by the beauty of this little gem of a film. Thinking how great it would be to hire Mille to make a little film about my weaving....

And just for the sake of posting some photos:

Two custom scarves just in time for Christmas. They were both picked up this morning. Plus some of my own hand-spun Blue Faced Leicester wool and silk in the back.

And the start of photographing scarves for Etsy - which I will get to before heading home to PEI.

No comments:

Post a Comment