Tuesday, November 9, 2010

St. John's, here I come!

Tomorrow morning I fly out of Halifax to St. John's for the Craft Council of Newfoundland and Labrador's Christmas Craft Fair. This is an 8 day fair spread out over two weeks. The first half takes place from November 11 - 14, and the second half from November 18-21 (see side bar at right for hours).
This will be my third year as an exhibitor in this craft fair and it is always a fantastic experience: wonderful atmosphere and community, all exhibitors are juried members of the Craft Council of NL, and I get lots of scarf love from the citizens of St. John's. It also provides me with a great excuse to visit the city where I was born and lived until I was seven years old. I get to visit with my extended family of cousins, aunts, my dear Nana, and craft buddies from my time living in Corner Brook. I love being in St. John's and am always amazed at how many people come out of the craft fair crowds who are old friends of my parents and remember me as a child......Please drop by the fair and say hello!

2 comments: