Wednesday, September 8, 2010

home again, home again jiggidy jog

Wow, what a couple of weeks it's been. I just arrived back home in Halifax on Monday evening after almost two weeks away. I wanted to share these photos from my booth in Fredericton at the NB Craft Council's Fine Craft Festival. This was a different set-up for me because there were no poles and drapes to hang my display from, so I had to re-configure the racks for table-tops.

This was only my second outdoor craft fair I've done and the big lesson learned is that the weather determines everything. Friday was very very hot and humid, much too much for my poor heat rash and eczema prone skin. Nobody was really in the mood to try on scarves in the heat, and besides, everyone was distracted by Hurricane Earl who was supposed to hit the Maritimes on Saturday. So, Friday evening, it was decided to cancel the fair for Saturday which meant taking our booths down and then setting them back up again on Sunday morning.

Saturday was very rainy and windy - though Halifax got hit much harder than Fredericton - and I was happy to have a day off to get my body back on track after days of feeling extremely itchy and uncomfortable because of the hot weather. Sunday was sunny and beautifully cool - the perfect weather for September. And it was a great day for scarf sales.


Thanks to everyone who came by my booth, bought a scarf or just chatted....if only we had three full days like Sunday! But, that is the nature of outdoor shows: you never know what you're going to get.
While I was home on PEI, between making time for family, friends, exploring and finding beautiful beaches (more photos to come), I got a chance to stitch my new screen-printed cloth labels (by Keeley McLean, my lovely studio mate at North Pocket Studio) onto all my scarves. I'm really happy with how they look, especially how the colour of the label plays off the mixture of colours in the scarves.

1 comment:

  1. The labels look great! I love the rainbow assortment of your scarves.

    ReplyDelete