Monday, August 23, 2010

prep

I'm taking off for PEI on Wednesday morning. A week-long vacation and then I'm heading straight to Fredericton, New Brunswick for the NB Craft Council Fine Craft Festival taking place Labour Day weekend. This means that I'm taking all my booth set-up and scarves with me to PEI so I won't have to come back to Halifax before Fredericton. Damien left for PEI yesterday, so I've got a few days on my own here in Halifax to prepare and make sure everything is organized. The only bit of "work" that I'm planning on doing while home on PEI is to stitch my brand new screen printed labels (printed by my lovely studio mate Keeley) to my scarves. Still not sure if I will hand stitch them on (labour intensive) or use my mother's sewing machine......I'm so very happy with them and already thinking about sourcing nice silk ribbon for the next batch.

1 comment:

  1. they look marvelous, Rilla! have you ever been to Mokuba in Toronto? ribbon heaven.

    ReplyDelete