Thursday, August 5, 2010

birthday baby

Okay, it's almost a week since my last post...too long! Life gets busy: trying to get a bunch of Echo scarves woven so I can take five days next week and go to PEI to visit my parents and a dear friend and partner who are home from London with their brand new baby. And yesterday was Damien's birthday - a whopping 32!! As we both get older, it amazes to think that we've been together since we were both 26 years old - 1/6 of our lives...and yes, I do tend to think in proportions and fractions, I am often measuring time like warp stripes in the sett of a reed.

Damien has gotten in the habit of wearing a headband lately, and I thought he could use a hand-knit, golden yellow, crown-shaped cotton one - it was fun to knit and he wore it to school yesterday for a day of painting crits.

I also made a fantabulous chocolate zuchini cake with cardamom cinnamon icing and raspberries that we'll be eating for days to come....yum.

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to Damien. It is very funny that you measure time like a warp! And I love, love, love that crown. Maybe we all should be wearing one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Damien! Maybe that's why I use mostly solid colors, I suck at proportions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic looking cake rilla and the crown is just perfect. I want one! :) love love love.. see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete