Monday, July 26, 2010

success is bright

I had a great weekend at the NSDCC show. Yesterday was rainy and much slower, but all in all, it was a successful venture. A big thank you to everyone who came by my booth, chatted, and bought a scarf or two. It is so satisfying to get out of my studio and talk to people who appreciate and enjoy the work I make.

Some narrow Wave scarves rolled up...

Some wide Wave scarves piled up....

I went for a rusty red and mustard cloth backdrop this time...and I sold one of my Wave shawls (like this green one, but purple). I did a very small production run of the shawls a month or two ago, and am happy that one of them found a home.

Purples were the most popular, with turquoises following in a close second.

My bike patiently waiting for me on Saturday afternoon during the fair...

On another note of success, I just got a letter in the mail this morning from the Nova Scotia Department of Tourism, Culture and Heritage. They awarded me $8000 to assist in the creation of my Liminal Project!! This is a grant I applied for back in May, to make a body of work that will explore mapping of Atlantic shorelines with the intention of exhibiting alongside my friend and peer Joanna Close. My fingers are crossed that Joanna's grant was just as successful. I was bracing myself for rejection when I saw the letter in the mailbox, but once I opened it and read the first paragraph, I did a little dance of joy.....this is the largest grant I have ever received!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is an amazing number of scarves (and answers my previous question) I bet it was a very pretty and colorful booth. Congratulations on your grant! That is very exciting.

    ReplyDelete