Wednesday, June 30, 2010

vacation

Damien and I have rented a car this whole week for our vacation to our Island home of Prince Edward Island. After some delays yesterday getting out of the city - we realized just before picking up the car that Damien's license had expired, so he renewed it while I packed things up - we hit the road. We meandered our way along the Parrsboro shore of Nova Scotia, stopping at a beautiful beach in Five Islands for an incredible view of red sandstone islands rising out of the Minus Basin and supper in the town of Parrsboro.

I'm spending some time with my parents today before they take off for a weekend vacation tomorrow, and then Damien and I are taking in Canada Day with some friends here in Charlottetown, and on Friday we head up to the Bluegrass and Old Time Music Festival in Rollo Bay with Damien's parents and some buddies. It's summertime and everyone needs a vacation.

On a more personal note, I got my forehead mole removed last week. A big change for my face! For those who know me, I have had this large sticky-out mole in the center of my forehead for as long as I can remember. In the last decade, it had become more and more prone to chronic infections (I'll spare the gross details). It was something I would have to do eventually, in fact I had scheduled 2 separate appointments since I was 22 years old for its removal, and each time changed my mind at the last minute (in a strange twist of vanity). But this time I did it. After three days of swelling and some bruising over the weekend (on Friday I looked like one of the aliens from "Avatar" with the bridge of my nose swollen out to the inside corners of my eyes), the swelling pretty much subsided on Sunday. I got the stitches out yesterday morning before we left Halifax, and the incision is healing nicely. It will take a while to get used to this change, but in the meantime, I'm doing all I can to make sure it will heal well and leave the smallest visible scar.....

No comments:

Post a Comment