Thursday, May 13, 2010

wrapping it up

This past week, I've been working on a provincial grant application to get funds to create a new body of work. Springing from the momentum of my solo exhibition Home Terrain last fall, this project will focus on changes to the coastlines in Atlantic Canada. It gave me a chance to re-photograph my latest piece (and my first piece created at North Pocket Studio, I posted a not-so-great image of it the other day) for the support material required for my grant application. Until I get a casing sewn onto the back for a dowel support, it's difficult to photograph it well enough to portray it properly, but I think this is pretty good for the time being. I feel pretty optimistic about my grant application and am now just putting the finishing touches on it. Getting this grant would allow me to spend more valuable time in the studio making new work. Fingers crossed!

2 comments: