Wednesday, April 28, 2010

production

It's hard to believe, but it's already the time of year when my thoughts turn to the fall craft fair season. I've got my list of craft fair dates all lined up and I'm already in full-on production scarf weaving mode. This year I'm upping the number of fall craft fairs I'm doing quite a bit - I'll be doing 6, all but one in the Atlantic provinces (staying local to reduce costs and increase exposure in my own region). The Christmas season is really my best time of year to sell scarves and selling directly to my customers at craft fairs is the best way for me to maximize my sales and take full advantage of the very short holiday gift-buying season. Craft fairs allow me to meet my customers face to face, and though it is a bit of a marathon, it's worth it because it provides me with the much needed income that allows me to continue my work throughout the year.

So, right now, my production is focused on wide Wave scarves. They were so successful during last year's holiday craft season that I sold out of them at the Toronto One of a Kind Show. Today I dyed 8 of them and it's warm enough that I can hang them outside to dry.

1 comment: