Sunday, April 11, 2010

north pocket studio

Yesterday we had our open house at North Pocket Studio on Hillside Avenue in Halifax, NS.

Joanna, Keeley and I have built a small display area on one of our walls for all of our "sell-ables". Handwoven blankets and scarves by Joanna and I; hand screen-printed cloth bags, hats, fanny packs, hankies by Keeley.

Two looms, a serger and sewing machine, good food, friends, family and visitors.

That's my red warp in the background on my Cranbrook loom. I forgot to take pictures of the woven cloth on the other side during the Open House, I'll post some later this week. It's an eight-harness overshot pattern in red and heather cotton with a dark brown handspun wool pattern weft.
I've dreamed about having this kind of studio/play space my whole life....
I think this is the start of something really good.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Rilla! Congratulations on the realization of your dream. xoxo Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm soooo happy to see these. Really sorry I didn't make it, I plan to another day. I'm glad to hear good things are in store!
    Chantal

    ReplyDelete