Friday, March 5, 2010

studio time

Yesterday, Joanna, Keeley and I organized our brand spanking new studio. Figuring out where all our equipment would fit the best and generally feeling excited that it is really happening! My giant loom only fits in one part of the studio, by the big storefront window. Over the next week, I will put in the "guts" of my loom: putting the string heddles on the harnesses, hanging the harnesses, and attaching the lamms and tie-up chains. I am going to finally set it up for the full 8 harnesses, something I've never done before. I think my first project will be an 8 shaft pattern sampler and see where it takes me for my next piece. I have that new studio anticipation.....

In the meantime at home, I'm weaving up another batch of Echo scarves. The Halifax Crafters' Spring Market is coming up April 17 and 18 and these narrow scarves are perfect for spring and summer.

2 comments:

  1. RILLA! The studio looks great!!! I can't wait to see it in full when I get back! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. my comments don't seem to be appearing on your blog, Rilla!

    this looks fantastic - so nice to work in a shared space - I really miss that.

    ReplyDelete