Monday, March 29, 2010

props for props

I finally got a mannequin this past weekend. I found it listed in the local Kijiji classifieds for only $40 including free delivery in Halifax. I've had my eyes peeled for a display mannequin for a while now, methodically checking eBay, Etsy and Kijiji. This one is pretty good! Very lightweight for easy shipping to retail shows if needed, it's only a partial mannequin: neck to hips with a adjustable/removable metal stand that I might replace with a nicer wooden one. I've been wanting a mannequin for displaying my scarves at craft fairs for a while now. I think it makes a big difference when customers can actually see an example of my scarf being worn as part of my display. I can dress the mannequin up in short dresses or shirts to cover the white cloth...now I just need give her a name!

1 comment:

  1. Sharon told me once that mannequins are all Judies.

    I'm not sure I believe her, but I thought I'd pass it along.

    ReplyDelete