Friday, February 26, 2010

end of February

We are pretty much at the end of the shortest month of year. My exhibition at the Confederation Centre Art Gallery comes down after this weekend. I just got back yesterday from going over to Charlottetown, PEI to give an artist talk about the work in my exhibition. It's always good practice to have to talk about my work, especially to the public and especially when I get to talk about a complete body of work.

I also got the chance to photograph my large blanket, A Dozen Questions, a Dozen Friends, from a tall stepladder. Because it has been displayed horizontally on a riser, it's been difficult to get a full image of it...I partially succeeded, enough to represent the work in its entirety, but not an easy feat.

Kevin Rice, the director of the gallery is putting together a package to present to other public galleries with the goal of touring my exhibit. Very exciting! I'm crossing my fingers it works out.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Good luck, I hope it goes on tour.

    ReplyDelete