Tuesday, November 17, 2009

hanging

Since getting back from St. John's last week, I've been getting ready for the installation of my exhibition Home Terrain. Opening this Saturday, the exhibition takes place at the Confederation Centre Art Gallery in Charlottetown and runs until February 28, 2010.

I've mostly been preparing my woven wall pieces to be hung. Hanging textiles is difficult, but I'm trying something different this time to suspend my pieces out from the wall using dowels (hand stitched into casings) and 3.5 inch screw hooks. I think it will work nicely. Right now, all my hanging pieces are ready - dowels drilled and sewn into cloth, test hooks screwed into a piece of wood to make sure each piece hangs correctly. I'm excited to see them in the gallery instead of piled up on my living room floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment