Thursday, October 8, 2009

the lovely and amazing Brooke Miller


My old friend, Brooke Miller, (click on her name to watch her play one of my favourite songs) has recently moved back to Halifax with her partner Don Ross. I have known Brooke for most of my life and we became close in our teens as we neared adulthood in PEI. I am so happy to have Brooke close by in my life again. It's been a good 6 years since we lived in the same city, and I am grateful to have such a dear friend just a short bike ride away. And, I get to enjoy Brooke's amazing songs. Brooke and Don (who is also a musician and very well known the world over) have toured extensively since they've been married, played gigs all over the world. Brooke writes and plays incredible music - reminiscent of later Jone Mitchell and Bruce Cockburn with a a voice that can still give me chills after all these years. Last night she played a small gig here in Halifax. It was pouring rain and the crowd was small, but it was so lovely and the audience was transfixed. It was just Brooke and her guitar, her songs and her wonderful (and hilariously goofy) stage presence. This woman is such an important part of my life and I am so proud of her - for her music and for all the goodness she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment