Thursday, September 17, 2009

order time


It has been a hectic last week. This time of year is always busy, but I find each year it gets busier as my little weaving enterprise grows. A couple of weeks ago, I got an email from the manager of a boutique in San Diego, California called Pigment. She had found me through Etsy and wanted to place a large wholesale order for the Christmas season. After some initial panic at squeezing this work into my production schedule (I'm doing two retail shows in November), I realized I could not turn this down! The boutique looks beautiful from the photos on the internet, and this is my first chance to start a wholesale relationship with a business outside of Canada.

So, I've been strategizing on how to make hay while the sun shines. The first thing I realized I needed to do was to hire a student to help me out one day a week to help with all the finishing work so I could concentrate on the weaving and dyeing. I found the perfect studio assistant this week and she starts on Tuesday. I also had to ask my consignment shops to send me all or some of their scarves back so I could fill the San Diego order and another order for a shop here in Nova Scotia. My consignment shops were all very understanding and it means my inventory shot back up and I maybe won't have to work ALL the time this fall. The photo above is a selection of scarves for a wholesale order for the shop in Nova Scotia. I usually do this with wholesale orders to make sure the colours and styles are what the shops wants.

1 comment:

  1. Congrates on the US order. SO happy for you!!
    Beauty day here on the Rock, enjoying some knitting time in the sun, hope you are getting some as well.
    xo

    ReplyDelete