Thursday, July 23, 2009

studio visit



Today I'm getting a studio visit with one of the curators from the Confederation Centre Art Gallery in Charlottetown, PEI. Pan Wendt is coming down to see what I've been busy doing for the last year or so, the body of work that will make up my exhibition Home Terrain which will take place at the gallery in November. It's quite amazing to go through my artwork and select the pieces that have been exploring my theme, seeing where I've gone before and how that work has pointed me in the direction I'm taking now. A few of my pieces were woven with a white cotton background and still have ends unfinished. Like a sampler (pictured above) I overdyed this past winter, I would like to do the same with some of these white pieces. All in all, after ironing work that has been rolled up in a box (the sad fate of so much artwork!), I have counted approximately 16 pieces for my show - not bad at all.....

1 comment:

  1. I hope that the studio visit went well, Rilla, and so glad to hear you are feeling well prepared for a show

    ReplyDelete