Monday, July 27, 2009

beautiful indigo blue



On Friday, it was rainy rainy rainy so our field trip to McNab's Island was diverted to a bus ride to Yorke Redoubt, a nineteenth century battlement at the mouth of Halifax Harbour. There we collected plants for dyeing in the rain and ate the ripening blueberries. I collected tansy, yarrow, birch bark (from a fallen tree), and a type of thistle. They are all still sitting in the fridge and I hope to process them all this week for dyeing. In the meantime, I should be finished weaving my blanket by the end of tomorrow......and I've been enjoying looking at this beautiful skein of silk that I dyed in indigo last week in Joanna's dye class. I think eventually it will turn into a scarf for fall. Down the road, I would really love to do a line of scarves coloured with all natural dyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment