Thursday, July 9, 2009

basket of yarn, basket of potential


I've been spinning wool the last two days. It's amazing to see my pile of yarn growing. I have three natural colours of fleece: white (from NL), gray (from Scotland), and dark brown (from NL). As I'm spinning, I'm thinking about colour and how I want the colour to be organized in this blanket project. Maybe have the background wool of the warp and weft dyed with the warm orange and yellow of madder and onion skins while keeping the pallette of the landscape/graphs limited, overdyeing the natural grays with acid dyes.....I will have to do some colour study sketching. And on another note: I woke up to sun today for the first time in a long time (weather has been very crappy lately in the Maritimes - frost in July!?) and it is glorious!

No comments:

Post a Comment