Thursday, April 16, 2009

fans


A couple of weeks ago, one of my first scarf customers, Maggie Brown, a reporter for CBC in PEI, sought me out through facebook. She bought a scarf from me at my very first craft council fair in Charlottetown, PEI in 2006. The scarf she bought was one of my very first prototypes for what is now my line of Seaweed scarves. She was searching for me again because she wanted to know if I had any scarves for sale and if she could buy one. She loved her other one, but it was a little too short (as a prototype, I hadn't taken into account the shrinkage in length that happens through felting) and was hoping for a longer one. Well, do I have any scarves for sale! I filled her in on my burgeoning little business and directed her to my Etsy site. She picked out a beautiful wide Seaweed scarf/wrap in a dusty mauve (pictured above). I sent it to her over two weeks ago, and by this past Tuesday, it still hadn't arrived in PEI. I was getting a little nervous, but the tracking number said it should be delivered that day. Lo and behold, yesterday, I got a lovely email from Maggie saying it had arrived, she was wearing it as she emailed me, she loved it and would direct any admirers to my Etsy shop. It is a wonderful feeling to have loyal fans who actively seek me out when they feel it is time to invest in a second scarf. And you never know, maybe Marshall Arts scarves will become a hit in the CBC offices and next thing you know, Peter Mansbridge will be wearing one on the National!

1 comment:

  1. Rilla, that's great!

    Repeat customers are such a compliment.

    ReplyDelete