Thursday, March 5, 2009

the proof is in the pudding (and other reminders)

Every now and then, I am reminded that when I am guided by my gut instinct in my professional, artistic and personal life, events unfold as they should. No amount of anxiety, worry, planning or fretting can make something happen. Sometimes the most important turns in my life happen in a split second when I am following my gut. This inspires confidence that I am on the right path, that I must trust my own judgement and be comfortable in my own skin. This is the context in which striving for my best thrives and produces the side effect of "success". This is what I thought about last night at 3:30 am when I was awoken by Luigi (our cat). The optimism of doing my best at what I do while having an open heart and mind to nurture the unexpected.

No comments:

Post a Comment