Wednesday, February 4, 2009

time for business


I leave tomorrow for ACTS in Halifax, a three days wholesale show for Atlantic Canadian craft producers. This will be my first time at a wholesale show and today will be taken up preparing: making and printing wholesale price lists, order forms, tagging and pricing all my sample pieces and making sure I've read over all my "how-to" info. And I got a phone call yesterday from Mills Brothers in Halifax because they had received my ACTS promo postcard - a high end classy department store who will come and check out my scarves on Saturday, very exciting!

I am also bringing my four pieces for the exhibition "Contemporary Fibre" (Feb. 26 - April 12 2009) to the Mary E. Black Gallery in Halifax to save on shipping, so some ironing will be in order for my freshly washed new work. I am very happy with these two pieces pictrued above. I find they have a stained glass quality to them because of the varigated colour....

1 comment:

  1. absolutely gorgeous! good luck this weekend. xxx

    ReplyDelete