Sunday, February 15, 2009

thinking of spring

Even though it is the middle of February, in a couple of weeks I will make the switch back to weaving scarves. As spring approaches, so do scarf orders from shops that carry my work and some that will be starting for the first time. I also have some design challenges on the horizon as one shop has asked me to come up with an exclusive line (purchased wholesale) for their store by the end of March. As well, there may be potential for some more exclusive lines for a retail buyer I connected with last weekend in Halifax at ACTS. It's exciting to be given an "assignment" with clear constraints to consider - I love this kind of problem solving. I also have some designs that have been swimming around in my head for the last few weeks that I would like work out in some samples....designs based on feedback from One of a Kind and ACTS. I would like to have at least one of these new designs ready for the summer ordering season. It's nice to know there is work to be done.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I love the colors in this scarf....blues with a hint of brown;) I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with for your Spring season!

    ReplyDelete