Sunday, February 22, 2009

success and satisfaction




My first sample for a new summer scarf is finished! This is the same scarf posted in pictures yesterday while it was on the loom. I am very happy with this design. It is a very lightweight scarf, woven from cotton and raw silk, with a sturdy but light hand meant for summer wear as a scarf or wrap. The stripes of white raw silk in the warp (refer to pictures from yesterday's post) allow me to dye it after it's woven - this one I dyed in an emerald green - while the cotton warp stripes and weft remain their original colours. Being able to dye after each scarf is woven keeps production work interesting for me as I will never know exactly the subtle colour differences from scarf to scarf until it has reached that final stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment